Everything You Need to Know about Moringa Powder
What is Moringa Powder?
Moringa powder is from the dried and powdered leaves of Moringa tree. The tree, which is now known as the “miracle tree”, has high nutritive values and offers helpful benefits that can be derived from almost all of its parts, although the leaves is where the benefits are concentrated. Turning the leaves into powder is easy to do, and can be done by anyone. The leaves are harvested fresh, and then stored at low temperatures to dry. And upon reaching a powdery consistency, the leaves are then screened to remove impurities. Afterwards, these are processed and stored in jars, cans, plastic bags, or capsules. Once packed, the powder can remain fresh for several months without affecting the potency of its minerals, antioxidants, vitamins, and complete amino acids.
Health Benefits of Moringa Powder
Moringa powder can be a source for numerous health benefits, in fact, the Moringa tree is considered as the most nutrient-rich food ever studied. A few of this benefits are listed below:
• Controls Blood Pressure – the powder has soothing effects that helps lower blood pressure and promotes restful sleep. It can also help in the treatment of some sleeping disorders.
• Lowers Cholesterol – it lowers LDL cholesterol levels and helps prevent abnormal blood clotting.
• Anti-Oxidant – the powder contains a rich amount of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which is a very strong antioxidant which slows down or stops the growth of cancer cells.
• Controls Diabetes – the powder in capsule or drink form can be ingested to help keep the sugar levels normal, making it a low cost alternative remedy for diabetes.
• Boost Stamina – the powder is a complete source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, making it a great supplement for boosting energy, stamina and concentration. Students and athletes can greatly benefit from consuming this powder because of the physical and mental boost it provides.
• Detoxifies – the powder being a coagulant, attaches itself to bacteria and other harmful agents. It can help in removing toxins from the body. The powder could also be used to purify water.
• Provides Nutrients to Hair Follicles – the powder contains vitamins C and E which help in improving blood circulation in the scalp area, ensuring the growth of stronger and healthier hair.
• Treats Depression – the powder is also an effective treatment for depression and anxiety.
• Organic Nature – and because the powder is 100 percent organic, it is safe to take for people of all ages, and also it has no noted side effects.
• Good for Pregnancy and Lactation – The powder can easily counter nutritional deficiencies in pregnant and lactating women, about 6 spoons of the powder is enough to meet the daily needed amounts of iron and calcium.
• Treats Minor Infections – the powder can be used in treating minor fungal and bacterial infections, and can help in countering high blood sugar levels, anemia and weight loss.
• Improves Immunity – the powder can also boost the body’s immunity, provides nourishment to the brain and eyes, helps in maintaining normal functions of liver and kidney, and stimulates metabolism and cell structure.
• Glowing Skin – the powder can be directly applied to the face area as a face pack to obtain smooth, blemish free and glowing skin.
• Delays Ageing Process – the powder is a great source of antioxidants, Vitamin A,C,E and bioflavonoids which help block the oxidation of healthy tissues by active oxygen, and thus delaying the aging process and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
• Heals wounds – the powder can also be directly applied to cuts and wounds, which help accelerate the healing process of the cuts and wounds, and creates clear skin without wound marks.
• Supports Keratin Formation – the powder contains certain nutrients that helps support the metabolic pathways that are involved with the formation of keratin protein that is vital for healthy hair.
• Boosts Hair Growth – The powder contains zinc that stimulates hair growth by improving the immune system. The deficiency of this element can cause permanent hair loss due to DNA damage and errors in the production of essential proteins.
How to Use Moringa Powder
Moringa powder can be added to any food or drink desirable, in any amount preferred by the user, to improve protein, minerals and vitamin content. And since it has been observed that the nutrient content significantly decreases when exposed to heat, try adding the powder after the food or beverage has been prepared or just before serving.