Perks and Uses of Moringa Oil – Letting Nature Take Care of Your Skin
What is Moringa oil?
Moringa oil is made from the seeds of the Moringa oleifera tree, which is native to the continent of Africa, but is now also grown in Asian countries for commercial purposes. The oil is obtained by pressing the seeds and extracting the oily liquid, also known as ben oil, due to its high behenic acid content. The oil can be used for cosmetics, cooking, and lubrication. The oil has a yellowish color, and is pleasant to the taste. It has been used since ancient times, and was used by Romans as an ingredient of perfumes. The Egyptians were able to discover its protective properties and used it to shield their skin from the harsh desert conditions.
Moringa Oil Benefits
Moringa oil has many health and beauty benefits. The oil has amazing properties that can give helpful advantages for obtaining and maintaining healthy skin and hair. A few of them are the following:
• Helps dry skin – the oil has hydrating properties that help in softening dry tough skin and maintains natural moisture. It also works great for conditioning chapped and dry lips. And may be used as treatment for rough and dry skin conditions, such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis.
• Anti-aging properties – the oil has rejuvenating properties that can help dull, tired and aging skin. The nutrients and antioxidants found in the oil helps in fighting free radical damage that may lead to formation of wrinkles. It also prevents the sagging of facial muscles and greatly improves the appearance of wrinkles. It also contains hormones known as cytokinins, which stimulates cell growth and delay the destruction of skin cells. The vitamin C in the oil helps in stabilizing collagen, reduction of fine lines and the repair of damaged skin cells.
• Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties – the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of the oil makes it applicable for treatment of minor skin abrasions, such as minor cuts, scrapes, bruises, burns, insect bites, sunburn, and rashes.
• Acne and dark spot prevention – the oil can greatly help in removing blackheads and pimples, and when used regularly, helps prevent blemishes. It also helps minimize dark spot from acne and hyperpigmentation.
Moringa Oil Uses
Moringa oil is one of the most in demand ingredients for cosmetic and health products. Its numerous skin and hair benefits makes it a desirable main ingredient for beauty products. The oil is used in the following products:
• Anti-Aging and Anti-wrinkle creams – the rejuvenating powers of the oil is of great help in slowing the aging process of the skin cells and helps in stimulating the production of new skin cells, resulting into younger, radiant and healthier looking skin.
• Hair care products – the oil contains substances that help it penetrate deep into the scalp’s skin layers, bringing the needed vitamins and minerals for the skin and hair that results in healthier and stronger hair and scalp. It can also effectively clean the hair strands by removing dirt and grime, which makes the oil an important natural ingredient for shampoos, conditioners, and other hair products.
• Soap and Liquid body wash – the oil is also a great ingredient for soaps and body washes. Its antiseptic and moisturizing effects are a great combination for keeping the skin of the whole body clean and healthy. The antiseptic properties gives it the ability to remove most bacteria, germs and other harmful dirt, keeping the skin free from infections and preventing skin diseases such as dermatitis. Also, its moisturizing effect keeps the skin cells healthy, giving the skin a healthy glow.
• Body lotions and face creams – as stated earlier, the oil has moisturizing and rejuvenating properties, also it can help in removing acne, dark spots and other undesirable skin anomalies. By using the oil continuously, a healthier and natural glowing skin tone can be achieved.
Those are just a few of the many benefits and uses that can be obtained from this wonder oil. Using this oil can greatly improve in health and physical appearance. It also has no proven side effects! This amazing oil is one of the best gifts of nature for humanity. So go on and try the Moringa oil, so that you may experience its amazing effects to both health and beauty.